Conferencing and events at Garlands in the heart of the Midlands set on the Warwickshire / Leicestershire border
Our rustic Wooden Lodge can be utilised for informal meetings of up to 24 delegates. However, should you need to hold a larger conference, our unique conference and events venue, Mythe Barn, can hold up to 200 delegates, with plenty of space for smaller meetings, breakout sessions and refreshments.
With other spaces available for up to 400 delegates, we can offer a variety of indoor and outdoor activities that meet your requirements.
The purpose of your conference team activity may be:
- To have fun and engage in some team activities as a short conference break,
- To support specific conference objectives in a creative and participative way, with action plans aligned to business development,
- To generate discussion around key development skills and behaviours for your teams,
- To link into personal development plans and other learning and development objectives including psychometric profiling.
A conversation with you will help us to scope the project, get some fixed pegs in place and finalise parameters. This may include:
- Getting an overview of the purpose of the conference related to business need,
- Gather information on the delegates, including learning styles, gender split, expectations and previous experiences,
- Look into the detail of budgets and other constraints,
- Provide options for delivery that maximise value for money.
When we really understand what you’re trying to achieve, we will put together a programme to suit your requirements.
Business interventions and simulations
David A. Kolb’s learning cycle describes the benefits of reflective learning by doing and how to apply this learning to other situations and scenarios, both in and out of work. This experiential learning is often contrasted with didactic learning, where tangible practice is limited and therefore not reinforcing the learning.
At Garlands, we can design bespoke business simulations that:
- Are aligned to key business objectives
- Mirror workplace practices and behaviours
- Combine expert facilitation techniques with indoor theory based sessions and experiential learning activities
This will enable your delegates to gain powerful learning that can be applied back into the workplace or your teams’ development.
Garlands provide many ‘off the shelf’ activities that fall into the general teambuilding category. We can tailor these to meet the physical capability of your audience. These can include tenth scale monster truck races, a challenging bridge building task, or a variety of grounds based team challenges that are physical, non-physical or purely cerebral.
We provide a dedicated Event Manager who will guide and oversee all your event needs. From the initial scoping conversation, through all the pre-event planning, delivery of the event and follow up, we work closely with you in making sure all the detail of your event is covered.
Call us now on 01827 722123 to discuss how we can help create your ideal conference package.