The traditional sport of Archery surrounded by countryside – in the Midlands 30 minutes from Birmingham, Leicester & Nottingham
Hold on to your quivers, it’s archery time! Archery is a superb sport and anyone can give it a go, whatever your age or abilities. So come on all you merry men and women, we’re off to the woods.
The activity starts with a practice session to hone your technique, then it’s competition time, either as individuals or as teams with medals awarded to the winners. You’ll be using modern, Olympic-style equipment to score points by hitting targets.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or even if you could give Robin Hood a run for his money, our instructors will know how to take your skills to the next level.
Archery can be run as part of a corporate fun day, a multi activity event or as part of a team building / multi-activity day. It can even be run when the sun goes down, as our archery range is completely floodlit.
You’ll find us tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire and Leicestershire countryside, right in the heart of the Midlands between Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham and Burton Upon Trent – it really is the perfect location for an amazing day out!
Alternatively, we can arrange an archery event at a venue of your choice, provided there is enough space and it meets our health and safety standards.
Please note that all Garlands activities are now only available for corporate events. For more corporate event inspiration, please visit the Garlands Corporate website.
Available 7 days per week, 9.00am – 7.30pm subject to availability.
Available even when the sun has set!
Fantastic as part of a multi activity day.
When you arrive for your archery session, our instructors will take you through a thorough safety briefing so that you understand the rules. As with all of our activities, we want everyone to have as much fun as possible, but we always put safety first. Some of the rules will include:
- No one should ever be in front of the bows and arrows when shooting is taking place.
- Should more than one archer be shooting at the same time, they must stand side by side, not one ahead of the other.
- Once each participant has finished shooting, they must await the instructor’s direction before approaching the target to collect the arrows.
- The point of the arrow should not be drawn past the edge of the bow.
- When collecting arrows after shooting, be aware that some arrows may be scattered in the grass.
- Stand to the side when pulling arrows out of the target. Check that nobody is standing directly behind you before doing this.
- You must never point an arrow at another person.
- Do not fire arrows straight up in the air.
What you will need
- Clothing that covers arms and legs
- Flat footwear or trainers
- A steady hand
- Eagle eyes!